Friday 11 February 2011

Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes


Today we celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. Lourdes is one of my special places and I have always been blessed by the time i have spent and the people I have met there. Lourdes is a place where everyone matters. A place of real gospel love. Today we bring before God in prayer all our sick brothers and sisters, and all those who dedicate their lives and talents in the service of the sick.
Prayer for Healing
Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.
Prayer for the Sick
Compassionate and ever loving God,
you are the source and creator
of all healing power.
Each year we set aside this special day
to entrust our sick brothers and sisters to your loving care.
We pray that Your blessings be upon
all those in hospitals, nursing homes,
hospice care, palliative care,
and those who are house bound.
May You be the source of comfort
when they are experiencing pain.
May you be the source of hope
in moments of despair.
May You be their solace and inspiration
when they are unable to lift their hearts,
minds and voices to you in prayer.
May this day be a memorable experience
of Your healing touch and Your healing love
as they put their faith and trust in You. Amen
Sr Anastasia Joseph, SMM. St. John’s, Tulsa, USA.

Caregivers Prayer.
Good and Gracious God,
I remember that Your Son Jesus
went a distance to pray in the garden.
He left behind three to wait for him
but alas they could not stay awake to care for Him.
Sometimes, Lord, I cannot stay awake
to care for my loved one.
I am so tired and o exhausted.
Lord give me the strength to stay awake,
the strength to continue caring.
Grant me the grace to accept help when offered.
Give me the wisdom to care for myself
when opportunity comes my way.
Let me accept your will,
however that might look today and each day.
Ms Ginger Geeding, Helena, MO., USA
Prayer for Doctors and Nurses
O merciful Father, who have wonderfully fashioned man in your own image, and have made his body to be a temple of the Holy Spirit, sanctify, we pray you, our doctors and nurses and all those whom you have called to study and practice the arts of healing the sick and the prevention of disease and pain. Strengthen them in body and soul, and bless their work, that they may give comfort to those for whose salvation your Son became Man, lived on this earth, healed the sick, and suffered and died on the Cross. Amen.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.
Saint Bernadette, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment