Friday 11 November 2011

Meet the Novice III ~ Br Severin Tyburski

Br Severin Tyburski
My name is Severin Lukas Tyburski and I was born on the 29th January 1989 in Kędzierzyn-Koźle, Poland. When I was 10 months old my family emigrated to a small village called Weidenberg, near Bayreuth, Germany. Bayreuth is known for its classical music, most notably through Richard Wagner. When I was 16 years old and having completed middle school in Weidenberg, I decided to leave my home village in order to attend the Theresianum Grammar School in Bamberg - which is maintained by the Carmelites - and complete my Abitur (German School Leavers Qualification). Between 2005 and 2010 I visited the Theresianum and the attached boarding school in Bamberg. After my Abitur I wanted to study Theology in my home diocese of Regensburg, however in the course of my time in Bamberg my passion and enthusiasm for the Carmelites had grown. In fact the last German novice, Br. Torsten Rolfes O.Carm, also completed his Abitur at the Theresianum.
On the 15th October 2010 I began my postulancy period at the Carmelite Priory in Mainz, which also happens to be the Student House for the Upper and Lower German Provinces. In this way I was able to lead an active live as part of the Carmelite community and could put myself into the daily rhythm of a Carmelite. In Mainz I was allowed to take on a social work project in the city. Groceries which had passed their sell by date and could no longer be sold in supermarkets were collected together and distributed to those who needed them. As well as this I was also responsible for taking care of the Priory Garden.
I have been in Aylesford since the 10th September 2011 in order to form my novitiate with three other novices from other parts of Europe. Now I can discuss and share my thoughts with them – but I can also simply enjoy the company of likeminded brothers!

Sevi

No comments:

Post a Comment